Thursday, February 13, 2014

Frustration

The past two weeks have been rough.  After my last bi-weekly I had a reality check: Either stick to the plan, or find a later show.  Well, I stuck to the plan 100% for a week.  Lost a little. The second week wasn't as good, but still I was mostly on track.  Still, I am not seeing the results I want.  

Granted, I could be more compliant, but here is what I keep thinking:  I am still eating below maintenance.  I am not bingeing. I am doing a ton more cardio than I have ever done before.  Those 3 factors alone should be enough to get those numbers going down, but for some reason it isn't happening.  I don't think it's metabolic damage, but I guess it's possible.  Still, I was at maintenance for a few months before I started this plan, so I should have had time for things to balance out.  Either way, something needs changing.

Training.  Well, I'm not liking it.  Anyone that knows me knows that I really don't like cardio and I love to lift heavy.  The past 2 months I have done cardio every single morning and I have even started enjoying it and looking forward to my morning cardio sessions.  The lifting is not going well, though.  I mentioned this before, but this plan has forced me to lower the weights quite a bit in order to perform the very high number of reps ( 30, 50, 100 or more)  It's quite a change since, before this plan, "high reps" for me meant 10-12, with most of my lifting being in the 5-8 rep range. I am to the point that I no longer look forward to my lifting sessions.  In fact, I am starting to kind of dread them.  Lifting is my favorite pastime and something that I truly enjoy doing to feel strong, release stress and just feel good.  Right now I don't feel strong at all.  I'm worried that I'm losing strength and muscle. I need to change this.  Now.  

Yes, I want to have a rockin' hard body again, but I don't want to be miserable in order to get there.  If changing things up means that I can't do a show in April then I'm fine with that.  Maybe I'm not a person who should aspire to get on stage.  Maybe prepping for a comp is just going to trigger all kinds of fucked up things like a messed up metabolism, rebound, eating disorder, etc.  

Right now I'm just in a rough place and not sure which way to go.  I'm hoping to get a chance to talk with my coach soon about all of this and see what path she thinks we should take.  This is a huge part of my life and if I'm not enjoying the process then it just isn't worth it.


Curious about my coach, training or other stuff?

Check out my trainer, Coco Kissack, on Facebook


No comments:

Post a Comment